Intensive Care Medicine training in the West Midlands is part of the Postgraduate school of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine. The West Midlands offers varied and rich opportunities for ICM training. There are ten or more Trusts in the region that trainees can rotate to. Each trust has its own unique training opportunities that go hand in hand with the varied population catchment areas.
Trainees will be required to present evidence and a portfolio of their training at their Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP).
For more details see the ARCP page.
ICM West Midlands
FICM RA West Midlands: Dr Mamta Patel
Details of RAs and FICM Tutors can be found on the FICM Website
Trainees in the West Midlands region may undertake their training in the following NHS Trusts:
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- The Dudley Group of Hospital NHS Trust
- The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust